Fourteen Maintenance Tips For A Blockage - Free Drain System
A System With A Clogged Drain Is Really Inconvenient Particularly When It Occurs At The Most Inopportune Time. Clogged drains can mean leakage and poor quality because of water left sitting for too long. However, you may never have to worry again!
A clogged drain is caused by the accumulation of debris, small objects, grease, or the intrusion of tree roots into your drainage system. While you may have no blockage in your house's pipework, that does not mean larger clogs cannot occur in the main lines.
However, By Following These Rules You Can Avoid A Clogged Drain
1. Use a plunger for minor clogs as it is truly effective. It really is.
2. Remove the stoppers in the bathtub and clean out your drain a couple times a week. Before you put the stopper back in its place, make sure it's well cleaned.
3. To Trap Hair That Falls Off While Bathing Or Washing, Place A Mesh Barrier On Your Sink And Bath Plugs To Trap The Hair. Make sure hair does not go into the pipes of the bathroom the same way you prevent food from going down the kitchen sink when you do the dishes.
4. You should comb your hair before taking a bath to get rid of loose hair and avoid hair clumps in your bath drain.
5. Fi grates over your drain holes, or hire a plumber to do so. When Getting Your Drains Cleaned, Use A Drain Cleaner That Is Anti - Bacterial And Which Is Not Corrosive.
6. To prevent root intrusions in your pipelines or clogging, don't plant trees or flowers close to your drainage systems.
7. Invest in an annual contract with a drainage company so you have someone to call even for basic upkeep. Drainage Brighton offers this kind of contract to people in and around Brighton. Let your household members know the benefits of maintaining your home's drainage system. They should play an active role in contributing to its maintenance.
8. Do not use chemical cleaners on your drains to keep them strong. They can cause corrosion and serious long - term damage.
9. Your Drain Isn't A Dustbin. Dumping materials into it is a no - no.
10. You must never put things like grease, fat, gum, food, condoms, pills and cosmetics in your drains.
11. In short, the only thing that you are supposed to allow down your sink drain is water For your toilet; water, urine and faeces.
12. Get A Wire Coat Hanger, Make It Straight, Then Bend One End Of It To Form A Hook, Slip The Hooked End Past Your Drain Cover And Use It To Fish Gunk Out From Your Drain.
13. To avoid blockage caused by grease and oils, you should pour hot salted water down your sink.
14. As this is not a fully comprehensive list of dos and don'ts, there are several other things you could do. Make sure you don't use acidic chemicals
In the event that you tried all the tips mentioned here but still have trouble with your drain and have no contact details of any drain company, do not damage your drain by applying too much force to it Instead of getting frustrated, contact a plumber as soon as possible. Drainage Brighton professional staff in Brighton are fully equipped to handle all your drainage issues.